TauDEM Update Notes
Version 5.3.7 (Released 10/18/16)
- Python scripts updated for ArcGIS Pro.
- GageWatershed updated to identify attached upstream watershed for rapid watershed delineation
- FlowDirCond flow direction conditioning command line tool added
- Clarified streamnet field names
- GDAL and MPI library dependencies updated
Version 5.3.5 (Released 5/3/16)
- Fixed bug in handling of features that do not have an EPSG code and error and warning reporting related to spatial references.
Version 5.3.4 (Released 3/15/16)
- Fixed bug in capability to handle BIGTIFF files with compression
Version 5.3.3 (Released 3/11/16)
- Fixed line string bug in feature writing
- Fixed Peuker Douglas stream definition tool bug
Version 5.3.2 (Released 2/19/16)
- Added support for multiple OGR feature types
- Added SINMAP function and ArcGIS tool to help create SINMAP region inputs
- Switched raster format default to tiff with LZW compression
Version 5.3.1 (Released 11/20/15)
- Switched to using OGR library for vector input and output.
- Added ConnectDown function.
Version 5.3.0 (Released 10/12/15)
- Switched to using GDAL Library for Rasters.
- Added functionality to perform calculations in geographic (latitude and longitude) coordinates.
- Combined separate code bases from versions 5.2 and 5.1.x.
Version 5.2 (Released 8/2/2014)
- Multifile version only released as command line executables. This overcame the 4 GB GeoTIFF file size limit by breaking the domain into multiple files that collectively represented the grid. Folders containing multiple files were provided as input arguments instead of files. This approach has been discontinued and this version deprecated in favor of using GDAL starting with version 5.3. GDAL accommodates large files (including BigTIFF GeoTIFF and several others).
Version 5.1.2 (Version compiled to use shapelib). (Released 1/25/14)
- 1/25/14. Switched from old shapefile code to shapelib 1.3.0 from http://download.osgeo.org/shapelib/ for reading and writing of shapefiles. This resolved errors associated with memory leaks and shapefiles not displaying on later versions of ArcGIS.
- 1/25/14. Add GageWatershed function. (C++ executable had been there a while but now there is a python script in Toolbox).
- 10/23/13. Add define projection code to StreamReachAndWatershed.py and MoveOutletsToStreams.py code so that shapefiles retain projection information.
Version 5.1.1 (Version compiled to use Microsoft HPC Pack 2012 MS-MPI Redistributable Package). (Released 8/20/13)
- 6/26/12. Fixed memory leaks by inserting delete statements
- 4/30/13. Fixed an issue with word length in shape.cpp that inhibited correct display of shapefiles in ArcGIS 10.1 and autodesk.
- 4/30/13. Fixed a few shape library memory leak issues
- 6/2/13. Fixed an issue in the validation code for transport limited accumulation. Changed label on input concentration to input supply concentration.
- 7/24/13. Fixed issue in tiffio when an entire partition was within a tiffio strip that caused array overflow and crashing.
- 8/18/13. Removed spurious PitRemove script validation code that was preventing help from displaying in ArcGIS 10.1.
- 8/8/13. Added capability in tiffio to read double precision files.
- 8/18/13. Disconnected help from CHM file that is obsoleted and no longer distributed.
- 8/18/13. Built using Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft HPC Pack 2012 MS-MPI from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3604.
Version 5.1 (Version with GUI Toolbox for ArcGIS 10.0). (Released 2/2/12)
- 11/01/11. Switched to Python programming language to code the TauDEM ArcGIS Graphical User Interface (GUI) instead of the Visual Basic 6.0 language used in earlier versions of TauDEM.
Version 5.0.6 (Released 2/2/12)
- 10/15/11. Changed warning on encountering no data flow direction during the evaluation of contributing area to identify the possibility of an outlet being placed at a location where flow direction is no data.
- 10/19/11. Changed object type for TIFF Image width and length tags 256 and 257 from 3 to 4 to indicate these are 32 bytes to accommodate more than 2^16 rows or columns.
- 10/23/11. Added capability to do 4 way comparisons in Pit Remove
Version 5.0.5 (Released 6/12/11)
- 9/3/10 - Fixed bug in Pitremove involving a process jumping to the end if there we no pits to fill after first pass then getting ahead of other processes which hung.
- 9/3/10 - Fixed bug to release memory in Drop Analysis to avoid crashing due to memory overflow when a large number of stream delineation thresholds are evaluated.
- 11/18/10 - Fixed file name overflow error in shapefile that resulted in failure to open some shape files
- 12/30/10 - Fixed bug in partition border initialization
- 2/26/11 - Improved TiffIO data typing to better handle large grids and improved error trapping for invalid flow directions
- 3/20/11 - Fixed broken links in compiled help file for "Length Area Stream Source" and "Slope Area Stream Definition" functions.
- 8/27/10 - Added capability to replicate geotiff tag 34736 so that spatial reference information is more likely to be replicated from input to output files.
- 7/8/10 - Fixed bug where a tiled TIFF file was incorrectly read if the total width was an even multiple of the tile width.
- 7/25/10 - Added code to trap memory allocation errors on partition creation and provide an informative error message.
- 7/25/10 - Added stderr output to all functions to provide run time estimates.
- 7/29/10 - Updated ArcGIS interface to show executable window.